Published on 

Safety must be the top consideration as childcare providers decide when to resume services

The safety and welfare of children, staff and parents should be carefully considered by each service before they decide on service resumption.

Assessments of buildings and other infrastructure should only be carried out when safe to do so. Local weather warnings should be observed at all times, as should local information on travel restrictions.

The Department is advising that funding for those services offering state schemes will continue to be provided for Tuesday 17th October, irrespective of whether they are in a position to re-open.

Those whose premises have been damaged or are facing pro-longed power outages should advise their County Childcare Committees. The Department, Pobal and Childcare Committees across the country will be available to consider what assistance can be offered to services whose premises have been damaged due to the adverse weather.